Athletic / Field Trip Ordering
Trips may be requested by using the TRAK system. We have been working very hard to make sure that we can service every school with field trips and Athletics as well as normal routing. To provide coverage for these needs and ensure that all routes run as smoothly and timely as possible, we are implementing the following protocol:
- Please enter field trips at least 10 business days in advance. Trips that are booked with less than 10 business days’ notice will be assessed at overtime if Transportation can support.
- If the date for your request is closed, there are no buses available to accommodate new trips. If you have a critical need, please call Dispatch ( x28812 or x28862 ) to see if we can accommodate your request.
- Enter Athletics into TRAK as soon as possible. If you do not have all of the details for your request, please send us an email at Stephanie Gass, Kristen Moore, or Daniel Rivera so we can assist with scheduling.
When entering trips, please ensure that teachers and staff members understand the following:
- Pickup Time is when we expect to depart the school. This should not be earlier than 9:00 A.M Mon-Tue-Wed-Thu-Fri. due to morning bus routes.
- Return Time is when we will drop students off at the School of Origin, NOT the departure time. Our drivers cannot drop off students any later than 2:00 P.M Monday-Friday due to afternoon bus routes. Please confirm the number of buses needed. A fee of two hours will be charged for buses that are cancelled with less than 24 hours advance notice. If a driver is checked in or arrives at your site and the trip was canceled without prior notification then the entire trip will be charged.
- If you require a special needs bus to transport a student in a wheelchair, please make sure you add a Lift Bus to your trip needs and email this request to Stephanie Gass, Kristen Moore, or Daniel Rivera
Entering a bus in TRAK
1- Log in to TRAK (Get login from helpdesk)
2- Go to my trips tab
3- Click new trip request
4- Check calendar to make sure day does not have red X. That means day is closed and we do not have any busses available. Please choose a different date. After choosing an open date, click next.
5 -The next page you will enter in what kind of trip, origin, destination date and times. After doing all fields click next. (If a location is not in TRAK please email either Stephanie Gass , Kristin Moore, or Daniel Rivera with the location name and full address)
6- This page you will put in counts please refer below for number
School Bus Rates
Capacity K-5 66 total passengers
Capacity 6-12 48 total passengers
District Schools -- $25 per hour + $1.00 per mile, minimum of two hour charge
Out of District Groups -- $36.50 per hour + $1.50 per mile, minimum of two hour charge
Trips that go longer than expected and place the driver into overtime are billed at double time and one half.
Mileage & hourly charges are calculated from the time the bus driver goes on duty at the terminal to the time the bus driver goes off duty at the terminal. Each additional minute past the second hour will be charged at a pro-rated cost.
Trip requests are approved on a first come - first served basis. Do not assume that your trip has been approved until you have confirmation from a TRAK system email, even if the date appears to be open in the TRAK system.
State Law prohibits any items or sports equipment from blocking the aisle or any emergency exit of a school bus at any time.
Capacity -- 14 Passengers
District Schools only -- $25.00 for the first 50 miles, after 50 miles add $0.49 per mile
Multi-Function vehicles are scheduled on a first come - first served basis. The school or program provides the driver for these vehicles and the driver must be certified to drive the vehicle. To learn how to become certified contact the Transportation Training Department at extension 28805
State Law prohibits any items or sports equipment from blocking the aisle or any emergency exit of a Multi-Function Vehicle at any time.
If you have any questions please call Transportation Dispatch at extension 28812, 28862, 28826